If you are also someone who struggles to conduct regular house cleaning, then this article is for you. It is certainly a big deal for people who get the chance to thoroughly clean their house occasionally. It is so because the dirt gets deposited and becomes hard to remove.
But today, we have got you some effective tips to get that proficient cleaning easily. Well, though you must be able to clean your house using these hacks, why waste your family’s time on the weekends? You can instead book professional house cleaners to help you with this thorough cleaning process. They will take less time and still provide better clean-up than you could even imagine.
In case you are finding that house cleaning service in Melbourne is costing you a lot, then you can try these hacks to conduct cleaning at your level.
Let’s get started.
1. Clean your mirrors and glass using a newspaper and vinegar solution
If you use a cloth to clean your mirrors and glass, it may leave smudges, streaks, and lint on them. Since newspaper has soft fibres, it is perfect for such surfaces. It is non-abrasive, so you can use it often to clean such surfaces. It will also be within your budget as a newspaper is readily available. Next, if you want to shift to a less toxic cleaning solvent, you should go for a vinegar solution. Here is how to do it:
– Mix vinegar and water in equal quantities in an empty spray bottle
– Shake it and spray it on the glass or mirror
– Wipe it off using a newspaper.
2. Clean the shower head like a pro
We usually ignore cleaning these parts, but if you skip them for too long, it may block the water flow. It is very tricky to remove the grime, limescale, and buildup from the shower heads. But with these hacks, you can easily do it.
– Take a plastic bag and fill it with baking soda and vinegar
– Cover the shower head in this plastic bag and make sure that it is completely immersed in the solution
– Seal this bag with a hair tie or rubber band
– Let it stay for 1-2 hours and then take the bag off.
– After you take off the bag, turn on the shower and let the water flow.
Once you follow all these steps, you can enjoy using your grime-free shower head.
3. Remove the fingerprint impressions from your wall
It is challenging to find the right approach to cleaning the fingerprints from your walls and wallpaper. One has to choose the hack wisely so that the polish and paint are not spoiled. To remove these stains, you can use a bread slice. As the surface of the bread is spongy, it is an excellent source to erase the smudges from the wallpaper or the walls. It is a logical way too as the gluten will help in absorbing the stains and dirt.
Just dab the loaf of bread on the unwanted marks. Make it a point that you do not rub the bread harshly on the wall stains. If you do so, then the bread crumbs will make more mess. The bread is useful to gather the broken glasses too. Gently press the bread loaf on the glass shards and allow them to stick to the bread; dispose of them thereafter.
4. Remove the stubborn stains using coca-cola
It is commonly used to get rid of dust and rust, but it is also useful to remove other stubborn stains. It has carbonic and phosphoric acids, which make it a super-efficient cleaning solution. It is commonly used to clean the restroom. You just need a toilet brush and a can of soda.
– Put some cola in the toilet
– Let it stay for an hour
– Scrub it off using a toilet brush
– Flush it off and you are done.
5. Use lemon and salt to remove the steel stains
If the water stays longer on the steel, it can leave tough stains on the faucets and surfaces. Even if you leave the water on these surfaces to air dry, there will be leftover stains. But lemon can be a great rescue in such a situation. Citric acid has the property to cut through any grime. Even your home will feel fresh after it. Prepare the cleaning formula by mixing citric acid and salt, and it will work wonders on your stainless steel.
– Cut the lemon in half
– Sprinkle the salt on the affected areas
– Now, clean the stained areas with the lemon halves
– Finish the process by giving it a hot water rinse, which will leave your steel all shiny.
6. Baking soda to clean your couch
Many articles related to cleaning mention baking soda as a great cleaning agent. Its super-absorbent property makes it a great cleaning agent. It also removes unwanted odours from your home.
– Brush off the couch to remove the debris and dirt
– Sprinkle some baking soda on the affected area
– Let it stay for 20 minutes
– Vacuum and clean it later.
You can use this technique for any soft furnishings, like carpets, curtains, pet beds, rugs, etc. But for carpets and light colour couches, it is advised to take house cleaning services and avoid any risk.
7. Remove the deeply stuck hair in the carpets
If you are a pet parent, you must be aware of the pet hair stuck in the upholstered furniture, carpets, and blankets. Only vacuuming does not always work in such situations. To make your job easier, use a squeegee to scrub the rugs or carpets. It will help the embedded dust and hair come to the surface. Later, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and hair.
These are some healthy yet affordable tips to give a thorough cleanup to your house. Perform these steps regularly to not let the dirt and dust deposit for long. Many affordable house cleaning service providers in Melbourne can take care of all the mess for you.