Bond cleaning or end of lease cleaning is a thorough process of cleaning your rented house when you are vacating it. If the results are satisfactory, you get your initial bond back. This is why a successful bond back cleaning is so important. Fortunately, there are many bond cleaning companies in Melbourne – one of them being us. As a professional bond cleaning firm in Melbourne for several years, we have a few tips that make your cleaning efficient as well as affordable.
Move out cleaning can be done in a variety of different ways. Success, however, is only when you can easily get your money back. Also, it is worth mentioning that you’ll be moving out of the property as well. Therefore, the expenses of moving out, realtor fees, travelling expenses, etc. all add up. It is paramount that you go with an affordable route.
A tried and tested formula to make your end of lease cleaning affordable
As a professional Melbourne bond cleaning company, we can suggest 5 main ‘recipes’ to help you clean on a budget. Here we go!
1. A tip on which cleaning products to use
Your cleaning is only as successful as the supplies and products you use. However, this area is not as technical as people think it is. Your move out cleaning can be done using off-the-shelf cleaning solutions. These show similar results to heavily commercialised and branded products. Therefore, it is important to stay smart and invest in the products that are effective, rather than well-advertised.
Professional bond cleaning companies in Melbourne and other Australian cities often have vendors for their cleaning products. These products are chosen for their constituents and their ingredients. Most of the different names do the same job. Therefore, you should focus on the ingredients rather than on the name.
You can go DIY with your cleaning solutions. There are several household items that can be used to make an effective cleaning spray or solution. Vinegar, baking soda, and even warm water, can be used to clean stains and remove grease from kitchen countertops.
2. Do not buy new heavy-duty equipment
More than often, you will not need anything more than a mop, a broom, and a few rag cloths. It is only under very specific conditions that you need heavy equipment such as a pressure washer. Therefore, plan ahead and note down all your requirements. In case you need your driveway cleaned or have a few carpet stains removed, you can hire a cleaning company for that. The other things – you can do on your own. This is a great way to make your end of lease cleaning affordable and efficient.
In case you do require a specific piece of equipment, you can rent these or borrow them from a friend. A local store may also help you out with some of these tools.
Most professional bond cleaning companies in Melbourne, at least, have their own cleaning tools. If you hire cleaners for your move out cleaning, you won’t have to worry about any such stuff.
3. Follow a systematic approach to your bond cleaning
One of the best suggestions that we can give you is to plan ahead for the move out cleaning. This means that as soon as you know that you have to move and get your house cleaned, you should start devising a plan. This plan should start off by marking all the important dates on the calendar. The moving date, the day you will go out and get the supplies, and the day of cleaning, should all be there.
You can stretch out your packing and your end of lease cleaning into phases as well. It will make the move as well as the cleaning less stressful.
A systematic approach allows you to handle the process easily. This also gives you the chance to research the subject and make smarter decisions. This, in turn, makes the process cost-effective.
Move out cleaning or end of lease cleaning when done by experts is always built around a well-thought plan. Follow the same and you will witness the benefits.
4. Practical tips on how clean your house efficiently
Here’s a bonus for you! We have a few additional tips on how to actually clean your house properly.
- Clean top to bottom – meaning that you should start from the ceiling and then move on to the floor.
- Always start with the dirtiest room first. This is usually the kitchen or the bathroom. Make sure that you get to the corners and take care of the grease and the stains.
- Ensure that you get the right supplies for floor cleaning. Using the wrong products on hardwood floors or carpets can actually spoil them instead of cleaning them.
- Move out cleaning should be done using a checklist. There is a lot of things to take care of and you are sure to miss out on some if you don’t keep track of your ‘to-dos’
- Finally, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust before you wipe or wash down any surface. Get carpet cleaners to specifically take care of old food and pet urine stains on rugs and carpets.
5. Hire reliable and affordable bond cleaners
A big myth about bond cleaning is that hiring a professional company is expensive. Therefore, many people avoid this route and, in turn, end up spending a lot on unnecessary investments. There are several reasons why hiring professionals make house cleaning cheaper for you:
- The biggest reason is that hiring bond cleaners is a single investment. This means that you only pay them once and they will take care of the supplies, the equipment, and the cleaning products.
- Cleaning through professional bond cleaners is also more efficient. They will do the job quickly and the results will be much better.
- Move out cleaning companies know exactly what to expect. Therefore, they have the solutions in place to tackle any such situation. They can deal with stains and bad odours expertly and efficiently.
- You save both time and effort when you work with professionals. It opens up your schedule and lets you focus on the moving part.