Getting Acquainted With End of Lease Cleaning
End of lease cleaning is deep clean of your rented property when you are moving out. Based on the result of this cleaning, also called bond back cleaning, your house owner will give back your security deposit. Since there is money at stake, an efficient end of lease cleaning is paramount. The results should guarantee that you will get your money back quickly.
Carpet cleaning is one of the most tricky parts of your end of lease cleaning. Carpets are one of the most worn out and used items in your house. If the house has carpeted floors and your house owner won’t be replacing them soon, it is your job to return the house with clean carpeted floors. Carpet cleaning and especially where carpets are riveted onto the floor, professional help is generally required. This is because a deep clean won’t be complete with just a vacuum cleaner. Carpets need to be treated properly and washed using the right equipment and supplies.
Instead of investing into these very expensive equipment, professional carpet cleaners will do the job and only charge you for the service. Aloso, the results will be much better if you hire a professional carpet cleaning company.
For Melbournians and even the people living in the suburbs of the city such as Thomastown, carpet cleaning through experts is pretty simple. Because of its proximity to Melbourne, good infrastructure based companies for carpet cleaning and end of lease cleaning are quite abundant. A quick google search on ‘carpet cleaning Thomastown’ will give you the desired results.
This article will speak about finding the right carpet cleaning company in Thomastown as well as the rest of Australia in general. Even if you plan to do your own carpet cleaning, it will benefit you greatly if you browse through this article.
Carpet cleaning tips for the folks down in Thomastown
As aforementioned, your closeness to Melbourne gives you a lot of advantages when choosing a carpet cleaning company in Thomastown. However, it is still a good idea to be sure of who you choose and how much you pay. An end of lease cleaning is only successful if you get your security back. Therefore, it is a good idea to go with the best solution available to you and to get the most efficient end of lease carpet cleaning possible.
Choosing the right carpet cleaning company in Thomastown
The best option is to do your carpet cleaning through a professional company. However, it is your job to hire this company and to hire a good cleaning company. The following points must be considered when looking for the right carpet cleaning company in Thomastown:
- Do not choose an overly cheap carpet cleaning company. Services like steam carpet cleaning are not cheap and if you find someone telling you about very cheap services, there must be a catch. The best way is to go for a moderately priced carpet cleaning company.
- Make sure that you get the cost estimates from multiple carpet cleaning companies in Thomastown. Compare the prices and choose the one that fits into your budget.
- It is better to meet the carpet cleaners in person. Invite them over to take a look at your house and its size so that they can quote an accurate amount.
- Go online and check out the reviews that customers have given these companies. Google reviews, for example, are a great way to understand what kind of quality a carpet cleaner delivers.
- Speak with people in your neighbourhood about any good carpet cleaners that they know of. Word of mouth is one of the most reliable ways of getting a good carpet cleaning company anywhere.
- Make sure that the carpet cleaners are professional and well equipped with all the tools and machinery to execute a good steam carpet cleaning.
- Any carpet cleaning company will vacuum the carpet but a good company will deep clean your carpets. A deep clean using heavy machinery removes grease, allergens, and dust embedded deep into the layers. Ask your cleaning company about how they will clean the carpets and what kind of equipment they will use.
- A good customer care setup is also important in any service based company. Make sure the carpet cleaning company you hire is supportive and helpful. It should be responsive to your queries and answer them clearly.
Tips to clean carpets on your own
If you do not want to hire a professional and do the carpet cleaning on your own, you should consider following the points below:
- Start by vacuuming the carpet slowly. Operate the vacuum at the right level. If it is set at a low height, it might damage the fibres as well as the blade and the belt of the vacuum cleaner. Too high and the vacuum cleaner will not be very effective in pulling the dust and the lint out of the carpet. Operate the vacuum cleaner at a moderate height to ensure that you get the best results. Also, do not put a lot of weight on the carpet. Move the cleaner in a W pattern and slowly pull and push the machine. If you move the vacuum cleaner too fast, it will again be ineffective in cleaning the dirt.
- Another important thing that should be considered when using a vacuum cleaner is to start with a clean and empty dust bag as well as a clean filter. Before you begin cleaning the carpets, empty the dust bag and blow over the filter to get the best results out of the process.
- Use water to treat stains but do not overwet the carpet. Using a damp cloth, simply dab the stain till it becomes lighter. This goes for new food stains. For old stains and for pet urine stains, it is a good idea to use commercial products.
- While buying commercial stain removers for carpets, make sure that they are compatible with your carpet and will not damage the fibres.
- You can also make your own cleaning solutions for your carpet. The internet is filled with generous advice on how to remove stains and to clean your carpet using DIY solutions. One of the best ways to treat stains is to apply baking soda solution to stains. You can also use vinegar to clean the carpet.
- Use a mild detergent or a soap solution to wash the carpet. Washing is only recommended when the carpet is very dirty. If your carpet is not worn and torn beyond repair, a few rounds of vacuum cleaning will do the job.
- While treating stains, do not scrub or dig into the stain. It will push it further down and ruin the carpet forever.
- It is important to be patient while cleaning the carpet. It takes time to get rid of the especially pesky stains and greasy blots.
Steam carpet cleaning in Thomastown
Steam treatment is undoubtedly one of the best ways to clean your carpet quickly and effectively. However, it makes no sense to invest in a steam machine for carpet cleaning. It is an expensive investment and you don’t clean your carpets with steam as frequently as one might think.
The best option is to go out and hire a professional steam carpet cleaning company. For move out cleaning requirements, these companies include carpet cleaning in their packages. However, if you still don’t want to hire someone, you can rent a steam carpet cleaning machine from a home centre. It will be cost effective and will help you get the desired results.
If you clean your carpet regularly with steam treatment even when you are not bond cleaning, you can invest around $300-$400 more and buy a machine of your own. The cost will pay off soon with the absolutely amazing results that you will see in your carpets.
End of lease cleaning in Thomastown
Located just 17 kilometres from the central business district of Melbourne, Thomastown enjoys a lot of the privileges of a big city. Also, being in the suburbs makes it a hot destination for families to settle in. Therefore, Thomastown is a bustling market for realtors and removalists along with end of lease house cleaning companies. These companies charge an hourly rate and are easy to access. However, it is good to book good steam carpet cleaning companies in Thomastown in advance. THis is because during the busy season, you might end up getting stranded with no professional help available.
Carpet cleaning is indeed a tough nut to crack. This becomes even more tiresome if you have to move and clean with pets and kids around. Professional move out cleaning companies have professional staff members who know how to work around these situations. Also, we would like to recommend that you put your pets and your kids in a safe space, maybe at a family member’s or a friend’s house during the moving and the cleaning.